The Office of the Lieutenant Governor whose divisions provide essential services to the Virgin Islands community is modifying hours of operation consistent with the Stay-At-Home guidelines recently issued by Governor Albert Bryan Jr.
Effective August 19, 2020, the Offices of the Lieutenant Governor will operate during the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. daily. All cashier services will be available from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily. The modified schedule will remain in effect until further notice. Members of the public are encouraged to utilize online payment options for various services provided by the Offices of the Lieutenant Governor.
The following divisions will be closed to public access: VI State Health Insurance Program/Medicare and the Division of Corporations and Trademarks. Customers in need of assistance from these divisions can utilize any of the following options available to them for services and information:
- Calling the Office of the Lieutenant Governor at 340-774-2991 (St. Thomas/St. John) and 340-773-6449 (St. Croix).
- Visiting the website: ltg.gov.vi
- Information for all divisions of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor can be found online, to include forms, documents, and applications.
The following divisions will provide limited public access: Office of the Tax Assessor, Office of the Tax Collector, the Division of Banking, Insurance and Financial Regulation, and the Passport Division.
- Customers can visit the Office of the Tax Assessor, Office of the Tax Collector, the Division of Banking, Insurance and Financial Regulation, and the Passport Division by appointment only. To schedule an appointment or for further details, please call 340-774-2991 (St. Thomas/St. John) and 340-773-6449 (St. Croix).
The following divisions will allow members of the public to drop off documents for processing but will otherwise be closed to the public: Recorder of Deeds; Cadastral; and Notary Services. All documents left in the drop boxes will be kept confidential. Drop off boxes will be made available in accordance with the following procedures:
- Customers will be asked to drop off documents and collect them at a designated time as services are completed. Customers must provide contact information with their drop off packages.
- Drop off boxes for the Cadastral office will be located at the Cadastral offices in each district.
- The drop off box for the Recorder of Deeds for the district of St. Thomas/St. John will be located at the Recorder of Deeds office on St. Thomas. However, the drop off box for the Recorder of Deeds office for the district of St. Croix will be located at the Office of the Tax Assessor in Christiansted.
“The safety of our employees and customers during this pandemic is our top priority. As we transition back to Stay-At-Home status, we ask for the continued patience and cooperation of all customers in need of services provided by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor,” said Lieutenant Governor Roach.
For up to date information on the Coronavirus, visit the Virgin Islands Department of Health’s website at: doh.vi.gov/coronavirus or text COVID19USVI to 88877