Lieutenant Governor Roach reminds the public of the resumption of regular office hours at all Office of the Lieutenant Governor divisions effective today, February 22, 2021. Divisions will continue to adhere to COVID-19 protocols which limit public access for the safety of employees and customers.
Operating hours for the office will return to an 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. schedule daily. Members of the public are encouraged to utilize online payment options for various services provided by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor. In-person cashier services will be available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily for persons who are unable to utilize online payment options.
The following procedures and COVID-19 protocols will remain in effect and adhere to the business hours of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor:
- The V.I. State Health Insurance Program/Medicare will limit public access for the safety and protection of the most vulnerable population our community. The staff will continue to offer assistance and information by telephone only.
- Customers requiring the services of the Notary or Cadastral Divisions will be able to drop off documents for processing, however these divisions will limit in person access.
- The Office of the Tax Assessor and the Office of the Tax Collector will provide in-person access to the public, observing all COVID-19 protocols.
- The Division of Banking, Insurance and Financial Regulation and the Division of Corporations and Trademarks will provide in-person services by appointment only.
- Access to the Passport Division and Recorder of Deeds will vary due to space accommodations in each District:
- St. Thomas/St. John District: in-person access will be provided to the members of the public, observing all COVID-19 protocols.
- St. Croix District: customers can visit these offices by appointment only.
To request assistance, schedule appointments, utilize services offered, or obtain information from any division of the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, customers may use the following options:
- Calling the Office of the Lieutenant Governor at 340-774-2991 for the St. Thomas/St. John District and 340-773-6449 for the St. Croix District.
- You will be prompted to select the desired division.
- Visiting the website: ltg.gov.vi
- Information for all Office of the Lieutenant Governor divisions are available on the website. Additionally, online payment options are also available via the website- to include forms, documents, and applications.
Drop boxes are available at certain Office of the Lieutenant Governor office locations in each district. All documents left in the drop boxes will be kept confidential. The following procedures will be utilized:
- Customers will be asked to drop off documents and collect them at a designated time once services are completed.
- Customers must provide contact information with their drop off packages.