SALARY: 47,188.26 – $49,577.16 Annually
JOB TYPE: Classified
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Lieutenant Governor STTI
LOCATION: St.Thomas/ St. John, VI
JOB NUMBER: 201903739
OPENING DATE: 07/13/2023
CLOSING DATE: 7/27/2023 11:59 PM Atlantic (Canada)
This is intermediate level work performing the analysis of computer systems and diagnosing problems encountered by end users. The Systems Analyst I performs the functions of desktop support, and PC technician which is a technical position for the maintenance, performance and smooth functioning of end users processlng equipment, including personal computers, printers, time-clocks, telephones and other data processing peripherals. The Analyst is primarily responsible for hardware and operating systems (OS) Installation, setup,configuration, and maintenance, as well as providing support to all desktop software, and peripheral devices assigned to the user.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Performs system administrative tasks to mafntain proper function of users PCs, upgrades and updates software through installations, patches and service packs, and makes minor repairs as needed to microcomputer
- Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing
- Diagnoses system hardware, software, and system functional problems, and recommends and/or performs action(s) to correct such,based on knowledge of system, and replaces defective or inadequate software/hardware packages as required.
- Loads and configures special software packages, such as financial management applications desktop clients, such as ERP client configurations for direct access, third party reporting software, and web browser plugfns.
- Provides technical support for Standard Time and Attendance System (STATS) including employee enrollment, punch management, and configures and deploys time clocks as requi
- Supports STATS system through administration of STATS application servers, time clock servers and database servers, to include configuration of clock-link and time clock punch error log resolutfons.
- Installs network devices and printers where possfble, and configures systems for compatfblllty to operating
- Provides support for installations and configurations of other devices, including voice communication such as telephone sets, and basfc telecom switch operations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software and connectivity problems Including user access and component configuration.
- Works as a team member with other technical staff such as, networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Provides preliminary training where possible on computer systems and peripheral
- Provides support to the Helpdesk Call Tracking System by answering Incoming support calls, maintaining call logs andactivity, and alerts other support staff to provide other necessary services to resolve end-users issues as they arise.
- Assists other systems and functional specialists on any assigned technical
- Performs other related duties as
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Institution of higher majoring In computer science or a closely related field learning and one(1) year working experience on PC systems and MS environment:
An Assoclate’s degree from a recognized college or university, majoring in computer science or a closely related field and three(3) years work experience on PC systems and MS environment.
High School diploma or its equivalent and five (5) years of progressive experience that Includes PC systems installations and configuration, desktop applications, networking and Windows server administration.
FACTOR 1- KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of in MS Windows severs and desktop operating
- Knowledge and familiarity with Ethernet/ TCP/IP configuration on PC and peripheral
- Knowledge of peripheral device installation and
- Knowledge of commercial software suits as applied in the office
- Knowledge and familiarity with Local Area
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Velocity 850 time-keeping clock
- Knowledge In AIX/UNIX and/or ERP/FMS environment Is a
- Skilled in systems troubleshooting and
- Skilled in providing telephone support, step-by-step, to
- Skilled in and oral and written
- Skilled in the PC computing
- Skilled in PC Hardware
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently and according to
- Ability to determine potential solutions and the ability to conduct the required technical testing prior to recommending Implementation.
FACTOR 2- SUPERVISORY CONTROLS
Employee works under the general supervision of Network System Manager, but the employee performs the work independently andrefers unusual problems to the supervisor. Some guidance is received from the System Analyst II.
FACTOR 3- GUIDELINES
Manufacturer’s manuals, operating and problem solving manuals
FACTOR 4- COMPLEXITY
Employee performs a wide variety of complex technical tasks in the repair of computer hardware and software programs and connectivity problems with systems network. He/she provides support to Helpdesk Call Tracking System by answering incoming support calls, maintains call logs activity, and alerts other support staff to provide other necessary services to resolve end•user Issues as they arise.
FACTOR 5- SCOPE AND EFFECT
The purpose of the work is to perform diagnosing and debugging on a wide range of standard and non-standard computer hardware/software problems and the maintenance of networking operations to ensure continuous, efficient and effective operations.
FACTOR 6- PERSONAL CONTACTS
Employee maintains regular contacts with Inter-agency system clients, vendors and co-workers to resolve networking systems, hardware/software problems.
FACTOR 7- PURPOSE OF CONTACTS
The purpose of the many contacts is to obtain information concerning hardware, configuration and networking system problems in order to Isolate and debug them.
FACTOR 8- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Lifts and moves PC and peripheral equipment; bending, stooping, climbing, walking, driving and lifting boxes of printed material and extended periods of sitting.
FACTOR 9- WORK ENVIRONMENT
Air-conditioned office with occasional discomfort (air condition failure), generally adequate and comfortable.
Government of the Virgin Islands
United States, Territorywide, U.S. Virgin Islands , 00802