SALARY: $38,387.68 – $40,331.05 Annually
JOB TYPE: Classified
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Lieutenant Governor STTI
LOCATION: St.Thomas/ St. John, VI
JOB NUMBER: 201903739
OPENING DATE: 07/13/2023
CLOSING DATE: 7/27/2023 11:59 PM Atlantic (Canada)
This is work involving the processing of all passports in compliance with rule, regulations, departmental policies and procedures.
An employee in this class examines and reviews all passport applications for signatures, completeness, verification of identity and affirms the truthfulness of statements contained therein.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Examines the evidence of citizenship submitted with the application to establish Its authenticity and adequacy In relation to the requirements of law and the facts set forth in the application.
- Adjudicates application in which documentary evidence appears to be complete and authentic and recommends passport issuance.
- Recommends correspondence to be sent to applicants requesting additional
- Maintains dally log of all passports received through the mall and/or walk-In applications.
- Opens mall and handles In prescribed manner for deficiency or
- Records pertinent passport data from applications to snap out
- Prepares blank passport books for
- Types the necessary data from applications to passport books and performs all other related functions to make the passport ready for distribution.
- Prepares transmittals for all checks and monies that must go to the cashier and record receipts of said transaction
- Complies and types information for the monthly report and submits documents to the supervisor for
- Performs other job related
Possession of a high school diploma or its equivalent and some clerical experience.
KNOWLEDGE. ABILITIES AND $KILLS:
- Knowledge of agency
- Knowledge of pertinent rules, regulations, departmental policies and procedures that govern the examination and adjudication of passport applications.
- The ability to read and write the English
- The ability to explain oneself clearly and concisely orally and in
- The ability to type and maintain records in alphabetical and numerical
- Ability to prepare reports and documents In correct
- Ability to carry out day-to-day work without close supervisory
- Ability to make sound
Government of the Virgin Islands
United States, Territorywide, U.S. Virgin Islands , 00802